Toolkit for Owners of a Modern House
Whether you’re a conservation professional or a complete novice, if you're the owner of a modern house, this library is here to help. It brings together useful information from all over the world and has been vetted by international heritage and conservation experts.
The Toolkit USA is compiled by the Getty Conservation Institute/GCI (USA)
The International Peer Review Group includes:
- Iveta Černá, Director Villla Tugendhat (Czech Republic)
- Catherine Croft, Director 20th Century Society (UK)
- Fabio Grementieri, member of the National Commission of Monuments of Argentina, and Head of the Preservation Program at Torcuato Di Tella University (Argentina)
- George Smart, Founder USModernist.org (USA)
- Jyoti Somerville, GML Heritage Associate, architectural conservation expert with over 30 years' experience in built heritage conservation (Australia)
- Lynda S. Waggoner, Director Emerita Fallingwater (USA)
We are thankful for the research by Kristen Munchheimer, Graduate Intern (2018-2019) Getty Conservation Institute and Moriah Schnose, Administrative Coordinator for Retreats at Sunnylands.
The Toolkit for The Netherlands is compiled by the Cultural Heritage Agency, Rijksdienst voor het Cultureel Erfgoed/RCE (Netherlands)
The Dutch Peer Review Group includes:
- Nadja Keuter-de Vries, Restauratiefonds
- Paul Morel, Stadsherstel Amsterdam
- Niek Smit and Cunera Vergeer, Vereniging Hendrick de Keijser
We thank our lead sponsor, American Express Foundation in New York, for supporting this initiative. We also thank project partners for their generous co-operation: The Getty Conservation Institute in Los Angeles, The Annenberg Retreat at Sunnylands in Rancho Mirage, Kingston University in London and the Cultural Heritage Agency of the Netherlands in Amersfoort.
The Toolkit for Owners of a Modern House is an initiative of the Iconic Houses Foundation.
The Steering Committee includes:
- Natascha Drabbe, Architectural Historian, Executive Director and Founder Iconic Houses Network (Netherlands)
- Fiona Fisher, Curator, Dorich House Museum/Researcher, Kingston School of Art, Kingston University London (UK)
- Janice Lyle, Director Sunnylands Center & Gardens in Rancho Mirage (USA)
- Chandler McCoy, Senior Project Specialist, Getty Conservation Institute (USA)
Special thanks to Willie van Burgsteden/Mixed Flavours (Netherlands)